We are part of an exciting scheme that allows us to offer low-cost homes available to purchase at 70% of their market value.
We have properties available on our Parc Derwen site in Coity, Bridgend, built by sought-after developer, Persimmon Homes, and we are looking for potential buyers.
To buy these homes you must be:
- Over 18 years of age.
- A UK or EU / EEA passport holder or have ‘indefinite leave to remain’ stamped in their passport.
- Able to meet the long-term financial commitment of homeownership.
- Able to raise a mortgage for the value of the property.
- Have access to a deposit; usually 5-15% of the property value.
- Able to meet the affordability criteria; not exceed the maximum income threshold.
The potential purchaser will be buying 100% of the sales value. In addition, we will register the equitable interest of 30% by taking a second legal charge registered with the land registry. This loan does not get paid back, and there is no interest on the 30%. However, the purchasers will not be able to sell the property for the first three years. Read more about the Homebuy-Wales scheme.
How can you enquire?
If you know someone who might be eligible and interested in living in one of these homes, then please ask them to get in touch with Shirley Thomas.