Find a home

Safe and Happy Homes

Secure, attractive and well-maintained homes have never been more essential given the national housing crisis. It is important to us that we provide homes that are warm, safe and affordable to run. Homes that are fit for future generations. We will also maximise the opportunity to grow to meet the nation’s housing needs and ensure all our customers have a home they are proud to live

We aim to provide homes that are secure, warm, affordable, and well-maintained. Homes that our customers are proud to live in, and are fit for future generations. 

We are committed to:

  • Being carbon neutral by 2030, and ensuring the energy efficiency of our homes; 
  • Investing in our homes to ensure they are maintained to a high standard and fit for purpose; and 
  • Maximising opportunities to develop new homes to help the national housing crisis.

Interested in one of our homes?

Let us tell you everything you need to know to get started. Find out how to sign up to Bridgend’s Common Housing Register, view the homes we currently have available, and find out how to transfer or exchange from your current home with us.

Housing register (Link opens in new window)

75% of our housing allocations are made from Bridgend County Borough Council’s Common Housing Register.

To be eligible and added to this register, you must be in ‘housing need’. The Bridgend Council Social Housing Allocation Policy details what counts as ‘housing need’ and explains how social rented housing is allocated. Read it to find out if you’re eligible.

Apply to be on the housing register (Link opens in new window)

You can be added to Bridgend Council’s Common Housing Register by creating an online account. Once you’ve filled in an application form, you’ll be kept up to date on your status and sent all the information you need.

If you are unable to be added to the Common Housing Register, the Council will give you advice on your other housing options. You can also ask them to review their decision.

Contact Bridgend County Borough Council by phone on: 01656 643643.

Register for our homes (Link opens in new window)

We are able to allocate 25% of our properties ourselves.

To find your next home with us, you will need to register your details about your housing needs, your family and what sort of home you are looking for.

The advert for the property will tell you how many people have also shown an interest in this home. We will then identify the people who best match that home and make them an offer.

When we advertise a home that matches your information you will receive a notification asking if you are interested in this home and if you wish to be considered for it.

Community Living (Link opens in new window)

We offer community living accommodation for customers over 50 years of age with support needs. Our purpose-built sheltered and extra care accommodation provides homes at Maesteg, Pyle, Porthcawl, Nantymoel, and Bridgend.

Homelessness (Link opens in new window)

If you are at risk of becoming homeless, or homeless already, let Bridgend County Borough Council know about your situation. The sooner you do, the sooner they can help.


Are pets allowed in Community Living accommodation?

Our schemes have a general no pet policy. But we make exceptions when this will negatively affect a customer’s wellbeing, and the accommodation is set up to suit. For example, the property has a separate front door to avoid the pet moving through communal spaces. 

The introduction of a pet to a scheme is always done in consultation with the other customers. However, therapy pets often visit our schemes.

Can I transfer to another Valleys to Coast home?

You may be able to transfer to another one of our homes if you are being affected by the Welfare Reform Act, or your home is too big or too small for your household.

When discussing a transfer with you, things we consider are whether you’re up-to-date with rent and service charges, and whether any unauthorised alterations have been made to your home.

Get in touch with us by email or telephone about your situation, and we will advise you on your next steps.

Although we strive to ensure our homes meet the needs of existing and new customers, transfers are not always possible. Please bear that in mind if you expect your household size to increase.

Can I swap my home?

If you want to swap your home with another person living in a social housing home, then you can advertise this through a website called HomeSwapper. Whether you want to stay in Bridgend or not, you will be notified once a match is made.

Find out more and register on Homeswapper here.

Can I swap homes with someone I know?

If you know someone who would like to swap homes with you, you will need to sign a form agreeing to exchange in the home’s current condition. 

After the necessary checks, we will let you know if the swap can go ahead. This is called a Mutual Exchange.  Please wait until everything has been completed, before making any arrangements.

Sometimes applications are unsuccessful. This could be because one of the homes has been built or adapted for people with special needs, or because one of the applicants  owes outstanding charges. 

If the person you would like to swap homes with lives in a Valleys to Coast home already, you need to complete a Mutual Exchange Form. If they are not a customer of ours, a Mutual Exchange Form for Non Customers needs to be filled in and submitted.