Your records

The name of account holders should always reflect the registered owners of the property. Therefore, it is important that any change in our records is supported by legal evidence noting the change: for example, either a marriage or deed-poll certificate. Should the registered owner be a company then any change in the company name should be evidenced with a certificate of name change. 

If you are unsure you should seek independent legal advice from a solicitor.

Selling your home

It is important that Valleys to Coast is involved as soon as you decide to sell your property. Solicitors representing both the purchaser and seller will require information relating to service charge and issues relating to the Lease.

Valleys to Coast must provide approval to the potential residents and consent is required prior to the exchange of contracts, so it is important that you or your solicitor contacts Valleys to Coast as soon as you decide to sell. 

You will be responsible for providing a Home Information Pack. In this pack you will be responsible for providing the following information;

  • Copy of the Lease
  • Name and address of the landlord and managing agent
  • Rules and regulations relating to the management of the property
  • Last three years’ accounts or summaries of costs supplied
  • The most recent request for ground rent, service charge and insurance
  • Summary of works affecting the property
  • Energy efficiency report

If you appoint an estate agent you will be responsible for the associated costs. Please note your estate agent MUST seek approval before erecting signs on the communal area or on the building.

My Legals (Link opens in new window)

For information on subletting, changing of ownership or name, death of owner, selling, or remortgaging, please visit My Legals.