This summer, we’re working with ASW Property Services to find the best gardens, places and spaces in Bridgend and showcase the hard work our customers and local residents have been doing to improve the social, economic, environmental and wellbeing of our neighbourhoods.
Even if you’ve never gardened before, why not start now?
The competition is open until July 29th 2022 and there will be prizes up for grabs for the winners of each category.
If would like to request sunflower seeds to join in the Tallest Sunflower category, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Stay updated and follow the competition on social media using the hashtag #GrowingforGold.
How to enter
Enter now, or nominate someone else, using the form at the bottom of this page. You can enter into more than one category, just make sure you upload pictures to show us your garden!
You, or the person nominated, must be a Valleys to Coast customer, with the exception of the Community Garden and Tallest Sunflower categories.
There are seven categories to enter:
- Workspace Garden – This is your chance to show off the greenery in your business or office. If you haven’t yet transformed your workspace into a green space, now is the time to bring a bit of nature into your workday.
- Small Spaces – Have you got a stunning balcony display, window box or hanging baskets? Or maybe you’ve brought the outside in with an impressive houseplant collection? If you don’t have a garden but still love growing plants and flowers, this category is for you.
- Best Garden – This is for the best overall garden. We’ll be looking at colour, variety of plants and flowers, creative use of space, and more!
- Community Garden – For this category, we want to see the shared greenspaces that you and your neighbours have been working together to improve for the community.
- Eco Garden – Whether your garden is full of upcycled materials, or you’ve created a wildlife-friendly space, we want to see your sustainable gardens.
- Edible Garden – Level up your cooking by using homegrown produce? Show us the fruits and vegetables you’ve been growing in your garden.
- Tallest Sunflower (Kids Category) – Why not get the kids involved? Introduce them to gardening with our tallest sunflower category.